How to Pick the Best Marketing Project Management Software
- January 05, 2019
- Tommy Lambert
As a small business owner, you have too much on your plate. This article is related with a brief to Best Marketing Project Management Softwares. Managing multiple projects, social media, marketing, sales, onboarding clients and product innovation all demand your undivided attention. Collaborating across teams can be difficult on any day, but when obstacles arise, it can be almost impossible. Traditional approaches to marketing project management are not effective. You need a powerful tool that is easy to understand, serves your purpose well, and gets the buy-in from your team. We have you covered. In this guide, you will get all the information that will help you decide on the best marketing project management softwares for your business. Let’s quickly go through the amazing benefits that the best marketing project management softwares can give you. [embed]https://youtu.be/3V0Fp_XQxw0[/embed]
Benefits of using the best marketing project management softwareHere are some of the benefits of marketing project management software.
- They give you an overview of all your marketing activities, which results in better control.
- Replacing inefficient manual systems with project management software reduces operational costs.
- They help improve employee productivity, reduce errors and improve coordination among the departments and stakeholders involved. This results in better products and higher revenue.
- They make your project delivery efficient by allowing you to assign tasks, helping you collaborate with your team members, making the marketing process smoother and enabling you to get real-time feedback from clients.
- You can schedule resources on demanding tasks.
- You can calculate the return on investment on different projects.
Key considerations for deciding on the best marketing project management softwareOne of your key considerations as a small business is to invest in a software solution that is low-cost and yet offers all the major benefits. Think over these points to understand your unique requirements.
- You may not want your clients to have access to all the same resources as your in-house team that manages marketing projects. You might want an external portal to collaborate with your clients.
- While running marketing campaigns, many team members might be involved in the various stages of the review process. Do you want a solution that automatically forwards marketing material to the next stage and sends alerts to those responsible?
- If you are using cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive to store project assets, then does the marketing project management solution integrate with these?
- Marketing software can be cloud-based or on-premises. The software also has to be able to run on Windows, Mac or mobile devices if the employees are going to use it on their laptops.
- If you are using freelancers for marketing work, are you able to set permissions for accessing certain information.
- Does the project management tool integrate with other software that you are using like QuickBooks, CRM tools like Salesforce, social media apps and analytics tools?
How to evaluate the best marketing project management softwareNow you should have a fairly good idea of how you are going to use the marketing project management software. Let's dive into the features currently available. Prioritize those that are important for you and narrow down your choices. So let's get started.
Dashboards that give the complete overview
Easily generate reports
Project or task completion timelines
Email integration for direct updates
Mobile app version to track projects
Seamless integration with existing tools